A shawl has been a woman’s favourite clothing accessory for many centuries. But what is the male equivalent of it? It is a muffler that has a long history and has been a classic menswear piece. It is said that the military used mufflers to identify soldiers from the regiments and battalions they belonged to. Despite this history, many men have the misconception that mufflers are not masculine. That is not true, as it is not about the mufflers but the way you wear them. Let’s see what the benefits of a muffler are, apart from being a style quotient.
Benefits of a Muffler
- The main purpose of this accessory is not style, but it offers protection against the chill. It keeps you safe and warm from the cold winds.
- When you buy muffler and style it properly, it greatly complements your outfit, as its colour accentuates your fashion.
- It is comfortable to wear, is lightweight, and does not add extra weight.
- It increases blood circulation, and if you have neck pain or stiff neck, it reduces the pain as there is a decrease in stress on your neck muscles.
Five Stylish Ways to Wear your Muffler
A Simple Drape
This is one of the easiest ways to wear a muffler. Simply drape it around the neck, and it adds a pop of colour and highlights your face. A muffler wrapped around your neck is not only a style statement but also one of the best ways to stay warm in winter. A style tip to look classy is to wear a beige overcoat and wrap a brown muffler around the neck.
The style may look complicated, but it is a great way to wear your muffler in style, especially when it is very cold outside. It also makes you look sharp when you pair it with an overcoat or a casual jacket. Follow these steps to fake knot a muffler.
- Wear the scarf around your neck with one end longer.
- Take the longer end and get it behind and around to create a loop. Take the end of the loop.
- Now take the other end and get it through the loop to make a knot.
- Now adjust the knot by pulling both ends of the muffler towards the neck.
Around the Neck
This is a style where you don’t tie it, but it gives more warmth than the simple drape style. It is best worn in cold weather. To do this style, drape the scarf around the neck with one end longer. Use the long end to bring it around the neck. That’s it! You are now ready to flaunt your muffler.
This is another simple style that is highly functional and looks clean. It also provides enough warmth for your neck in chilly weather. Drape the muffler around the neck, with one end longer than the other. Use the long end cross it around the short end and then bring it under through the opening like you do a tie. Tie the knot and tug at both ends to make it tight.
Reverse Scarf Drape
Drape the muffler so that both ends are equal. Take one end and bring it around the neck over the other shoulder. You are now ready to head out with protection against the cold.
So this winter season, buy your favourite muffler and wear it right by styling it in the above ways.