Furniture is one of the basic needs that people require. During the old days, people were using wood to make furniture. We are currently living in a developed country such that everything has been improved. Medium Density Fibre (MDF) is one of the emerging furniture materials available.
It is always important to consider the material you use in furnishing before deciding to use it. Some of the reasons most people prefer medium-density fiberboards are discussed below. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the things you need to know about these boards.
What do we mean by the term Medium Density fibreboard
These Medium Density Boards are manufactured through the amalgamation of the wood fiber sheets. These boards have become more affordable and reliable.
Uses of Medium Density Fibre boards
Its density and high-grade material the boards useful in the following ways:
- Making doors and flames
- Making cabinets
- Useful in furnishing
- Used in decorations
- Used as roofing materials
- In construction,mdf boards are the most preferred.
Advantages of Medium Density Fibre
1. It has a material of high density.
- It has no grain in it
- It is easy to cut without damaging it because it is not a natural product
- It does not tear out nor scorch with a cut with a router
- The density allows the equipment to be used on it
2. It is easily available and less expensive
- It is cheap as compared to genuine wood, and
- It offers an economic value since it is easily availab
- It is available in any specific size
3. It is strong
- It consists of wood fibers and resins that its quality
- Dry and press it to make it sturdy and dense.
- It does not crack as compared to the woods
- It can be used as a building material despite being made of wood fibers.
- It is stronger compared to the particleboard.
4. It is free from termites and other insects
- The gluing layers of the wood fiber MDF to be termite-free. MDF is termite resistant fungus.
5. It is environmental friendly
- It decreases virgin wood material expenses. It is made of plantation wood thus ensuring that no trees are cut down hence making it environmentally
6. It is prepared for layering and painting
- It has a painting friendly surface because it lacks texture or knots
- It has a sealable surface and is smooth.
- It can be stained and painted easily as compared to the natural wood
- It serves as a replacement for real wood
7. It is sustainable, stable, and durable
- It requires less fixing since it is a stable product
- It is long-lasting
- It has a good fire-resistance property
- It is sturdy
8. It has low Formaldehyde Emission and VOC
- It is safe for offsite and onsite use because they are eco-friendly emitting very little formaldehyde
- It does not emit the volatile organic compoun
The above discussion are some of the things you need to know about the medium density fibreboards thus making it worth be bought