In recent decades, a great deal of research has been conducted into the consequences of an unhealthy and healthy workplace. A lot of interesting results and figures have emerged from this. A fairly predictable conclusion from many of those studies was, of course, “A healthy Del Mar CA office space is better for both the employee and the employer”. While you climb back into your chair, I will write down a number of facts and figures about a healthy workplace like Del Mar office.
Benefits of Del Mar CA office for employer and employee
For the employer
- A well-organized health and safety program
- A positive and caring image
- Increased employee morale
- Less turnover in employees
- Lower absenteeism figures
- Increased productivity
- Lower costs for insurance
- Smaller chance of legal proceedings
For the employee
- A safe and healthy working environment
- Increased self-esteem
- Less stress
- Improved morale
- More job satisfaction
- Increased knowledge about health
- Improved health
- More awareness about health
There is a lot to be gained in the workplace. Several studies have highlighted pain points that may never be fully reduced, but can certainly be drastically reduced. Countless companies have already led the way and developed ergonomic programs for their employees.
There are plenty of examples of companies that found at an earlier stage that a lot of profit could be made with better ergonomics. Below you can find a few. The results achieved speak for themselves.
Clear rules for the employer
There are very clear laws with concrete regulations in our country. This is also the case for ‘screen work’, as it is called nice and dusty. The working conditions regulation contains regulations that both the employer and the employee must adhere to. Below are a few examples:
- The screen can be placed freely and is easily adjustable and tiltable
- The screen is free from glare and reflections that are bothersome to the user
- The keyboard can be inclined and is not integral with the display
- The work chair is stable, has a height-adjustable seat and a backrest, the height and angle of which are adjustable and gives the user freedom of movement and a comfortable working position
- If the user wishes, a footrest is provided
- The humidity level is always sufficient
What this means for an employer? Offering a healthy workplace is not a nice bonus, it is your duty! And for the employee? Dare to speak to your employer and point out bottlenecks in and around your workplace that make you feel less than optimal and can be as productive as possible.
When will you start improving your workplace?
As you can see, you are really not the first to make your workplace / work environment healthier and more productive. Enough has gone before, and the numbers don’t lie. Of course, examples of large companies are cited here, but it is precisely these that ensure that the figures are reliable. It gives a good indication of the impact that a healthier workplace will have on you as an individual.