Short videos across the genre in Shorts, Reels and Tiktok are becoming viral in a shorter duration. Many influencers have emerged and become very popular in recent times with millions of followers. Financial education is such a segment where influencers are educating their followers with many investment options which influences many young people to invest in Mutual funds, real estate and in other areas.
Real estate is one of the oldest investment vehicles which is usually looked at as a long term investment option. In India investing in metro cities will grow your capital multifolds. Cities like Chennai, Pune , Hyderabad and Bangalore have given bigger returns in the past.
Investors can pick up an emerging micro market in any growing metro cities. For example in Chennai investors can choose flats in Madambakkam and plots in Thalambur OMR.
Below are the few pointers for first time real estate investors to consider before investing.
- Start small: It’s often a good idea to start with a smaller investment, such as a single-family home or a small multifamily property, before tackling larger and more complex investments. This can help you gain experience and build your knowledge of the market.
- Don’t overextend yourself: Be realistic about how much you can afford to invest and don’t overextend yourself financially. It’s important to have a solid financial foundation and a plan for managing your investments.
- Educate yourself: There is a lot to learn about real estate investing, so it’s important to educate yourself and become familiar with the various strategies and techniques that can help you succeed. This can include reading books, taking courses, and networking with other investors.
- Do your research: Before investing in any property, it’s important to thoroughly research the market and the specific property you’re considering. This can help you make informed decisions and minimize your risk.
- Have a clear investment strategy: Determine your investment goals and how real estate fits into your overall investment strategy. Consider factors such as the type of property you want to invest in (e.g., residential, commercial, vacation rental), the location, and the potential return on investment.
- Understand the financial aspects: Real estate investing involves a significant amount of money, so it’s important to understand the financial aspects of the investment. This includes understanding the costs associated with the property (e.g., mortgage payments, property taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance), as well as the potential income from the property (e.g., rent or sales proceeds).
- Get professional help: If you’re new to real estate investing or if you’re considering a complex investment, it may be helpful to work with a real estate agent or financial advisor. They can provide valuable guidance and help you navigate the process.
- Diversify your portfolio: Real estate is just one asset class, and it’s important to diversify your investment portfolio to spread risk and potentially increase returns. This can include investing in a mix of real estate types, locations, and investment strategies.
- Be patient: Real estate investing is a long-term strategy, and it’s important to be patient and not get caught up in short-term market fluctuations. It can take time to research properties, secure financing, and see a return on your investment.