According to energy experts, 70% of energy loss occurs through windows and doors. Windows and doors Cambridge serve for long periods before they start having signs of faultiness. It is easy to neglect them because these components can go up to 10 years of uninterrupted service.
Their service is invaluable and largely contributes to your home’s comfort. When windows start being leaky, drafty, and ineffective, they can lead to a massive increase in energy costs. Luckily, there is no specific time for replacing your windows and doors Cambridge. If they are faulty, consider replacing them soon. Here is how you can benefit from replacing windows in different seasons:
1. During Fall
It can be a good time to replace your windows and doors Cambridge. During this season, homeowners do not fancy the idea of replacing their windows. As the months continue becoming cold, it is a brilliant idea to be ready when winter rocks in terms of energy consumption. Some of the reasons you can consider replacing your windows in the fall are:
- To protect your loved ones and property from the harsh cold weather
- To enhance your home’s curb appeal
- Flexibility in contractors’ schedules. It can favor you since many people do not book these services during cold months. It means less waiting time and possible discounts from competitors
It is the most devastating time to discover your windows and doors Cambridge have been faulty all along. You feel the pinch of the skyrocketing energy bills and the discomfort caused by whistling along your windows due to drafts. The spaces around your windows can even lead to breakage. Do not wait until when winter is over to have your windows replaced, as you will continue to incur more costs on energy bills as well as having uncomfortable home.
Professionals won’t leave you feeling cold when work is in progress. They work smart to ensure you don’t feel cold and that the work gets completed within the same day to avoid leaving you unprotected from cold during the night. Replace your windows during winter because:
- You can enjoy special offers on your window replacement Cambridge project since the season is low and there is no much work for windows and doors companies.
- The energy costs incurred during winter because of having faulty windows can be draining to your pockets.
- Installers will not allow cold to freeze you during window replacement Cambridge. They work fast and efficiently to avoid exposure.
Temperatures begin to rise during this season. Contractors start having tight schedules as most people result to repairing windows they noticed having some damages during the cold seasons. It is challenging to have your windows replaced during this time since the contractors are booked. The best way to handle the challenge is by booking early to avoid being frustrated. Benefits of window replacement in spring:
- Windows do not shrink, unlike during winter. It is easy to maintain the weather-tight seal. Caulk performs well when applied during warmer months.
- Replacing older windows during spring is great since they do not have good properties for regulating heat
Contractors probably get more replacement requests than they can handle during this period. Hundreds of homeowners make requests for the service since most prefer working on their windows and doors Cambridge in warmer months. It is challenging to book the service, like in summer, but summer is crazier.
Some of the benefits that make homeowners prefer summer replacements are:
- Getting tight seals. When the weather is warm, caulk performs well, making it super tight. It provides great sealing that will prevent heat transfer through your window.
- Renovations can be fewer. Families take summer as the time for bonding. As a result, most will go for vacations and holidays to share some quality time. Renovations can be fewer, and it is what homeowners hope to take advantage of.
Window replacement can be done in any season. Although warmer seasons are preferable, it does not disqualify replacing them in colder ones. Provided they are being replaced by experienced professionals, you don’t have to incur hefty power costs because you feel it is not the right season. Enjoy living in a comfortable home all year round.