Everybody dreams about buying their house. Owning a home gives a sense of achievement and pride to anyone. You can either buy a fully furnished home or get someone to design and construct your home as per your needs. For the latter, owning a piece of land is a prerequisite. In any case, you will need a real estate agent to either buy you a house or land to make your dream come true. You can hire a real estate agent not only to buy a property but also to sell one. Their roles and duties change depending on whether you want to sell or buy a property. In further sections, let’s learn about the responsibilities of real estate agents.
Duties while buying a property
When you want to buy a property, you have some needs in your mind. It will be time-consuming and hectic to look through every property to see if it has what you need. Contacting a real estate agent is a faster and better option. They are also known as buyer’s agents. They help the buyers at each step of the process of buying a property. Their duties are as follows-
- Meet with the buyers to understand their needs and desires.
- Shortlist the properties which match the buyer’s needs.
- Arrange meetings with buyers and show them the property.
- After the decision is final, help the clients with drafting an offer.
- Negotiate with the sellers or their agents on the price.
- Look after the inspection and repair costs in the final agreement.
- Carefully prepare all the documents and agreements.
- Assist buyers till the closing of the deal and possession of the house.
Once you hire an agent, it becomes their duty to find you a suitable property as per your needs. Their experience and qualification help them in finding the ideal property for you within your proposed budget.
Duties while selling a property
If you want to your property, you first have to know what kind of deal you can expect. There are many variables at play when calculating an approximate price of your property, and probably you are not familiar with all of them. A real estate agent, or a seller’s agent, can help you most in such a case. Using their connections in the industry and knowledge, they can come up with a figure that will please you. There are some more duties of a seller’s agent, such as –
- Research the market to find an approximate profitable price.
- Identify and promotes the highlights of the property and neighborhood.
- Prepare the property to make it appealing to potential buyers.
- Photograph the property, inside and outside, to show to buyers.
- List the property on MLS.
- Meet with buyers or buyer’s agent.
- Negotiate the price and help in drafting an agreement.
- Look over the transaction and help sellers till they move out.
Once you have decided on selling your property off, you can contact an agent to estimate the correct price. Then, you can leave most of the work to them, from finding buyers to selling the property.
You can contact real estate agents online, and they will arrange a meeting with you. You do not have to pay anything upfront as they work on a commission basis. So if you are looking for property in Florida or thinking, “How can I sell my house in Cape Coral?” you can contact real estate agents for the best advice.