Grand gulf state park is a part of the attractive and breathtaking places to visit as a tourist. If you have been going for tourism without visiting the grand gulf state park, your adventure is not yet remarkable. Grand gulf state park is among the stunning natural wonders of the Ozarks in Missouri, USA. The grand gulf lays out what is seen as the most spectacular fallen cave system in the Ozarks. The grand gulf state park spreads beyond a mile between 130 foot high walls. It has a natural bridge of about 250 feet and an opening of 75 feet high and 50 feet wide, making it accessible to be walked under. This Grand gulf is popularly called the “Little Grand Canyon.”
Gulf adventure center at gulf state park
Visiting the grand gulf state park, there are lots of adventurous exposure which you will get. The grand gulf has fantastic scenery which you will love to visit always for tourists. On your visit to the park, there are some lovely adventure you can embark on, such as
- Outdoor exhibits
- Hiking trails
- Collapsed cave
- Picnicking: at the gulf state park, three picnic sites are available for visitors to tour and have remarkable moments. These three picnic sites on the road to the tree-shaded rim of the gulf. There are lots of picnic tables that are scattered all over the park. This adds to the delectation that comes with visiting the park and making it a nice place for family or groups of people to visit.
- Trails: the gulf state park has four platform overlooks for the natural trails. The four platforms are connected by a quarter boardwalk which allows for a nice and beautiful viewing of the gulf by visitors. From the parking lots, there is a 118 step that descends to the bottom of the gulf. The one-fourth boardwalk trail is very nice for hiking trails as well.
- Outdoor exhibits: the gulf has an outdoor exhibit that enlightens and tells visitors of the Canyon and the story behind the formation of the gulf. The outdoor exhibits also make known the types of animals and plants which abode in the park.
- Natural bridge: the park has a natural bridge spreading over a mile and about 250 feet, making the gulf spectacular and amazing. The natural bridge can be walked under as it is a wide opening of about 50 feet and 75 feet in height.
- Collapsed cave: the park has an elaborate natural cave formed from the collapsed roof dismantled several years back. The leftover of the collapsed cave is what forms the natural bridge.
ESTA for grand gulf state park tourists
To make a tourist visit to the grand gulf state park, there is the need to acquire an ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) application validation. This application allows tourists from the Visa Waiver country to travel to Missouri under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). This allows you to visit the grand gulf state park and stay in the USA without a visa, and it only covers 90 days maximum. Before you embark on your travel, you are meant to submit an online ESTA application.
The application must be submitted at least four days before take-off. In your application, write out all the required documents and information for approval sake. Then, please submit your application, save the application number given to you and make the payment attached to it. Once you have done all this, check esta status on the website after four days to ascertain the processing and approval of your application. If it is approved, you can make use of it for a solid two years, which means two years with no need for a visa to enter the states.
Gulf state park cabin prices
The grand gulf state park does not allow lodging or camping within the premises of the gulf, but there are nice places that are very close to the grand gulf state park where you can stay overnight before and after your adventure to the gulf state park. There are lots of hotels and reservation centers that will make you experience nature in the vicinity. The prices for the cabins vary from one establishment to the other. The least which you can get per night is $58. Some of the lodges allow visitors to book their stay on arrival, and some allow bookings before arrival. The price you will pay for the cabins depends on the specific hotel which you prefer to lodge. To get full details about this, refer to lodges close to the grand gulf state park, check their prices and what they’ve got for lodgers to enjoy their stay for adventure to the grand gulf.